PTFE ( TEFLON)
A Teflon gasket, also known as a PTFE gasket, is a type of gasket made from polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) material. As mentioned earlier, PTFE is commonly known by the brand name “Teflon.” Gaskets are mechanical seals used to prevent leakage between two mating surfaces in a wide range of applications, including piping systems, machinery, and equipment.
Teflon gaskets offer several advantages due to the properties of PTFE:
- Chemical resistance : PTFE is highly resistant to a wide range of chemicals, making it suitable for use in applications where other materials might be corroded or damaged.
- Non-stick properties : Teflon gaskets exhibit non-stick properties, which means they do not adhere to the mating surfaces, allowing for easier assembly and disassembly.
- Temperature resistance : PTFE has excellent thermal stability and can withstand a wide temperature range, making it suitable for both low and high-temperature applications.
- Electrical insulation : Teflon is an excellent electrical insulator, which is advantageous in electrical and electronic applications.
- Low friction : PTFE has a very low coefficient of friction, making it ideal for use in dynamic sealing applications where reduced friction is required.
Teflon gaskets find use in various industries, including chemical processing, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and semiconductor manufacturing, among others. They are commonly used in applications involving aggressive chemicals, high temperatures, and demanding environmental conditions.
Different types of gaskets are available for specific purposes and requirements, so We Can Supply As Per Your Specifications.